Tuesday, May 21, 2013

First Monday in Canton

In Texas, there is a huge moving flea market. Every month it comes to a little hick town called Canton. It was about an hour and a half drive. We were willing to drive this far for one reason- to get a pig.

David got a piglet a couple years ago when he was living at home between semesters. He claims it was the most fun pet he has ever had. I have to say, when he describes it, it does sound pretty cute! Of course they are only cute when you keep them small. He also says they are really smart, and learn to do their business in a liter box really quickly! Anyway......

There were A TON of people!

Here is everyone admiring these fancy pinwheels. They actually were pretty cool in person.


Everyone had these carts, I guess to load up with useless stuff!


A few examples of some useless (and creepy) stuff that no one should ever buy.

These would scare away any burglars/murderers. 

This guy was a lot cuter.



I did find one shirt I really liked! I picked the one on the left to wear to our next family event.

Turns out they did not have very many pigs for sale this year. What they did have a lot of is.....

PUPPIES! I was in dog heaven.

I MELT for dogs!

I did not get many pictures of them since I was too busy holding them. :) I tried to convince David that we should bring home a dog instead of a pig. Instead we came home empty handed. 

I am guessing there will be a future update for when we find the perfect pig, David is persistent that we get one.





4 comments:

  1. Megan! You were kissing the wrong guy! And that shirt? No. Just...just no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote you get a puppy instead! Pigs cuteness only last a few weeks. But if you really want one you can probably find one at the Pearson farm. But they don't have them for their cuteness they have them for our breakfast! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry mom, he was too cute.

    That's what I say Ash! They eat their pigs??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep that's the farming life. You eat your "pets" and take the dog out back if he gets too rowdy!

    ReplyDelete