Thursday, August 8, 2013

Weekend Getaway

The last weekend in July we thought it would be fun to go see more of Texas. After work on Friday we got in our car and headed for Austin, about a 3 hour drive. By the time we got to the hotel, checked in and got ready to go see Austin it was getting dark.



First we went to the capital building









It was hot and humid out! I guess that's what happens when you go south. So we left to see what else Austin had to offer. We heard people talking about Amy's ice cream so we decided we better go try it. There was a line but it was good and helped to cool us down! It was one of those hole in the wall type places.




We talked with a family and they told us fun things to do in Austin. Too bad we were only staying the night. They suggested a club with a live band but too bad for us you have to be 21... next year I guess :)

The next day we continued to New Braunfels, a town with a really big water park called Schlitterbahn! 
We had heard from a few people that we needed to go there before we left Texas, and they were so right!


We went on a Saturday in July so of course it was super busy. We spent all day there, but really needed a second day.



We found somewhere to park, walked in and spent most of our time in the one side of the park. We didn't realize until later there was another part you take a bus to. The other side was the newly built part. If only we had know that from the beginning! It was still such a fun day even with all the long lines. I also could have gone without bumping heads with David on one of the rides (We were on a fast moving ride and let's just say my ear hurt the next couple of days.)





 
Our last day there we went to the River Walk in San Antonio. There were a lot of restraunts lining the river. I thought Austin was hot but let me tell you, it did NOT compare to this! Plus the sun was out which doesn't help.













I am so glad we were able to make this trip before we leave for school. It was a fun and relaxing weekend overall!




3 comments:

  1. You ate ice cream without me? I'm hurt.

    I can't believe all the fun you're having! What a fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of all your fun adventures! I have to tell ya, that last post was a little disturbing to me considering it is "Shark Week" on Discovery channel and that's all Jorden and I have been watching! Glad you two didn't get eaten by a shark!! And sorry you guys had a bad head bonk! Those water slides are dangerous! Hope you are feeling better? :( PS. Even though your probably sad to be going back to school, I'm happy to know you'll be closer. Next time we are in Idaho let's do lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried about getting eaten by a shark too!
      I am excited to be closer too!! We definitely will have to do lunch!

      Delete